Today sees the launch of the ‘Meadow Sports At Home Challenge’. While we fully understand that this is a tough time for everyone with concerns about health and safety being priority, we would like to try and continue to engage the teams and all players and parents or guardians across the teams.
The popular ‘Stay at Home Challenge’ - where Lionel Messi, Phil Foden and others do keepy uppies with toilet rolls – has become an internet phenomenon and now we want to see what Meadow Sports players can do!
All players in every age group at the club can take part and we encourage as many as possible to join in. There is no limit on entries, make as many videos as you like!
If you’re stuck indoors, try using a toilet roll and other household items! If you can get outside try using a football, tennis ball, goals, dustbins, sheds, plant pots or even other sporting equipment.
Here are the Top 10 best ‘Stay at Home’ challenges: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ2tK7lgaBc
Just create your video(s) on a phone and share with your team Whatsapp group.
Team managers will select a winner for each team and each team’s winner will go into a final online vote with all finalists’ videos being featured on the Meadow Sports website and social media channels.
It’s not all about technical ability and keepy uppies with toilet rolls though, it’s as much about having fun, being creative and original in the video(s).
- Each team at Meadow Sports will have a winner, selected by the manager of that team
- As many videos as possible can be sent by each player or each player’s parent on the Team Whatsapp group from today, Friday 27th March, until midnight on Friday 10th April.
- Each team’s manager will select and announce their team winner on their Whatsapp group no later than Sunday 12th April.
- Each teams’ winner will feature on the Meadow Sports website social media channels with all Meadow Sports members voting for a winner between Monday 13th April and Sunday 19th April.
- Parents, players, managers and coaches can all help with this – if you have siblings or pets who want to take part in the video then include them too!
- It doesn’t matter where you live or the space you have available to film in, do not worry about this, just have fun!
- The grand final winner will receive a football and Meadow Sports water bottle and the runner up will win a Meadow Sports water bottle
- Prizes will be presented at the Meadow Sports End of Season Presentation or as soon as we return to playing.
- Keepy uppies and dustbin: https://twitter.com/UCDAFC/status/1241783273128366082
- Keepy uppies with tennis ball: https://twitter.com/AberdeenFCYouth/status/1239646141068840970
- Team effort: https://twitter.com/breongrant/status/1241477594513649668
- Another team effort: https://twitter.com/_sadeeeq/status/1242543840281722881
- Indoor practice with wall: https://twitter.com/AberdeenFCYouth/status/1239281645749964801
- Goalkeeper self-isolation: https://twitter.com/TheSJTobin/status/1242087413868003333
- No skill but comedy wins: https://twitter.com/rainer_alvin/status/1241744881107775491
Need some more ideas?
· Parent and child keepy uppies
· Team keepy uppies – film videos where the toilet roll/football gets passed on
· Balance a toilet roll on your foot, flick it up and into a bin on a sofa or bed
· Balance a toilet roll on your knee or back and flick it up and volley it
· Use an item of sporting equipment like a tennis racquet or cricket bat and take the challenge further
· Goalkeepers, show us your ‘safe hands’ or/ show off your diving skills on to a bed/sofa to tip a toilet roll / ball over the bar!
· Can you include a sibling or even a pet in your video?
· Can you recreate an iconic football moment indoors or in the garden?
· Anything goes!
We would like to make the most of this difficult situation right now and STAY...
→ HEALTHY - Most importantly, let's do all we can to make this better, together!
→ OPTIMISTIC - Football and sport has the power to motivate!
→ CREATIVE – Let’s show how creative ideas can help us deal with this situation!